Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oprah's Mom Countersues for $156K Store Bill

Okay, this may not matter to some but its news to me. Apparently, Oprah's mother got behind in her credit card bill so the store is suing her. Well mama Winfrey said "hell to the no" and filed a counterclaim for the $156K bill stating she shouldn't have to pay because the store took advantage of her due to her "lack of knowledge, ability and/or capacity" when creating her credit account. Now, is it just me, but mama knew what she was doing and I don't fault the store for giving her an account. They probably figured, it's Oprah Winfrey's mom...Oprah's got the money so she can take care the bill. If I was a multi-millionaire I would pay my mother's bills. Wouldn't you? Oprah, go ahead and chalked this one up girlfriend, spare the publicity and let this be a lesson learned Mama.

Peace,
ATM

No comments: